TO SEND YOUR RESUME AND COVER LETTER: Send resume and cover letter to the address listed (e-mail resumes sent as attachments should be in Microsoft Word format). Please send your resume by US mail, FAX, or e-mail to the address noted at the end of each position. If you send via e-mail, your resume should be written using Microsoft Word and sent as an attachment. Apply to: email@example.com, fax to: 800-234-2054, or mail to Attn: HR Office, Browning, One Browning Place, Morgan UT 84050-9326.
Inventory Accounting Manager
Posted May 18, 2020
Browning is seeking an Inventory Accounting Manager who is a highly detailed individual with an Accounting education/background with inventory/cost accounting experience using GAAP. The Inventory Accounting Manager will report to the Company Controller and will lead the inventory accounting responsibilities. Other accounting responsibilities will be as assigned by the Controller.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily maintenance and monitoring the inventory accounting system within Oracle Financials
- Item set-up – Spec numbers, UPC, item categories, cost schedules, price lists and discounts.
- MRP parameters maintenance – Interface between product management and information systems to set up and maintain forecasting and purchasing item attributes.
- Cycle counting – Implementation and maintenance of cycle counting procedures.
- Yearend physical inventory – oversee yearly physical inventory in Missouri, Utah, and Canada locations.
- Inventory reporting – Develop inventory analysis reports and analyzing variances.
- Inventory Costing – Verify accurate standard costs
- Assist in month-end closing procedures and provide timely inventory financial data to managers within the company. Reconcile inventory accounts to the general ledger, calculate purchase price variances and prepare monthly journal entries as needed.
- Monitor and oversee the WM’s are in sync with the ERP.
- Research cost variances and supply a variance report.
- Excise tax – Assist in calculating and maintaining excise tax per item and provide list to appropriate personnel.
ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE FACTORS NEEDED TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- The right candidate will show the ability for attention to detail. The position requires diligently checking their work to ensure all essential details have been considered; notices errors or inconsistencies that have been missed, and takes prompt, thorough action to correct errors.
- The right candidate will have the ability to follow written and verbal directions; comply with organizational rules, policies and procedures.
- The right candidate will have the ability to use information, knowledge, and beliefs to generate original innovative solutions to problems; can reframe problems in a different light to find fresh approaches; can critically review, analyze, synthesize and compare/interpret information; can use inductive and deductive reasoning ability to perform their responsibilities successful; understands the principles underlying the relationship among the facts and applies this understanding when solving problems.
- The right candidate takes responsibility for accomplishing work goals within accepted timeframes; accepts responsibility for one’s decisions and actions, and attempts to learn from mistakes.
- The right candidate knows how to treat others with honesty, fairness and respect; is trustworthy, dependable, and makes decisions that are objective and reflect the just treatment of others.
- The right candidate is a team player, the ability to work as part of a team, has a strong work ethic, and is conscientious with his tasks and assignments.
- The right candidate understands financial standards, and is committed to following those standards.
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience as an Inventory or Cost Accountant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- An understanding of GAAP in relation to inventory.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Access.
- Oracle Financial applications a plus.
Information Security Engineer
Posted May 15, 2020
Browning, an industry leader in the Shooting and Hunting Outdoor industry, located in scenic Mountain Green, Utah, is searching for an Information Security Engineer. The Information Security Engineer will identify, plan, design, implement and monitor cyber security policies, projects and technologies. Excellent technical skills, proven attention to details and effective communication of facts and ideas are essential to this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assess the security status of current and proposed systems and application
- Implement measures to protect information technology assets and infrastructure from external or internal threats
- Ensure compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements regarding information access, security and privacy
- Monitor computer networks and systems; detect issues and plan responses.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause
- Work with security teams to perform tests and uncover vulnerabilities
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain high security standards
- Install security software including endpoint protection and other security management tools.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to policies
- Stay current on information security best practices, trends, vulnerabilities and security standards
- Take on responsibilities beyond your job description and embrace additional projects
- Wear multiple hats as a key member of a dynamic IT team
- Strive for ongoing personal and professional improvement through setting and meeting objectives.
- Document, train and coordinate knowledge transfer with team members.
- Work night and weekends as required. This position also requires on-call work.
- Work in conjunction with a global team on inter-company objectives and incident responses
*Other duties as assigned by management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field or equivalent related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Combined 5+ years computer experience in Cyber Security, Server and Network Administration to include management of servers, switches, hubs, firewalls, routers, etc.
- Working knowledge of cybersecurity standards and frameworks
- Ability to document and present ideas and findings to educate and assist in the decision-making process
- Experience with helping organizations transform their security policies and change the way their employees work
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to research and solve complex issues independently
- Strong proficiency with the following:
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
- Endpoint Protection
- Vulnerability scanning
Prefer security certifications such as; CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional, CCSA: Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator or SSCP: Systems Security Certified Practitioner
Director, Research and Development
Posted April 20, 2020
Browning is looking for a Director of Research and Development who will lead the design and development of firearms sold under both the Browning and Winchester brand names. This position will manage design and industrial engineering as well as model shop teams by synchronizing objectives across a myriad of domestic and international manufacturing, engineering and processing engineering teams. These efforts will be made in compliance with prevailing industry standards and company specifications established by the Marketing and the Worldwide Quality teams. It will be the responsibility of the Director of R&D to plan, assign and prioritize projects, assuming responsibility for the quality, on-time delivery, and budget limits of each project. A key part of this position will be the ability to provide the engineering team with proper architecture guidance by relying on their extensive professional experience and sound judgment to plan and accomplish these goals. A high level of organizational leadership and multi-cultural awareness is an important aspect of achieving the related business activities of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Become an integral part of the executive team, closely interacting with the CEO, the Senior Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Firearms, the management teams of the parent company and partners worldwide, as well as the Quality Assurance organization, and Legal departments.
- Monitor market evolution and trends, competitors’ new product introductions and technological innovations, and attendant patents. Explore satellite fields such as automotive, climbing equipment, etc. Benchmark products against competition, and research high performance tools and equipment such as CAD, 3-D printing, etc. Regularly report market, technology and competitive analysis to the Sales, Marketing, and Firearms division.
- Oversee mechanical and industrial engineering research, design, and innovation. Provide guidance in general product architecture as needed. Provide a permanent flow of innovative new product ideas that are leading edge in the marketplace.
- Ensure the development of projects are in compliance with industry standards and company internal quality standards. Develop products in compliance with internal procedures and methodologies.
- Identify the need for, and provide, proper employee training by performing and tracking employee development through regular objectives reviews, giving top-line visibility to executive team.
- Ensure total compliance with firearms and ammunition handling safety and security rules and resolute adherence to logging and shipping regulations.
- Emphasize the importance of communication and develop a strong solid relationship across all corporate entities.
- Carry out R&D staffing and employment related functions.
- Manage department operating budgets and capital expenditures.
- Represent Browning at SAAMI meetings and functions.
- Travel extensively domestically and abroad.
COMPETENCY BASED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Firearms Knowledge: Strong historical, technical and analytical knowledge of firearms. Avid user of firearms products.
- Strategic Thinking: Takes a strategic, long-term view of the business climate and stays current with changes in the industry and competitive landscape. Evaluates alignment and identifies opportunities.
- Relationship Management: Ability to initiate and grow mutually beneficial relationships. Actively develops networks. Effectively manages interpersonal relationships.
- Results Orientation: Ability to focus on strategic issues and is results-oriented.
- Adaptability and Resilience: Manages effectively under pressure. Demonstrates positivity and persistence in the face of challenging situations.
- Organizational Leadership: Creates a shared vision toward the future of the global organization. Articulates and models the vision and values of the organization internally and externally. Champions the implementation of strategy, takes ownership of the organization's reaction to changing business landscapes and takes responsibility for major decisions and marshalling of needed resources.
- Initiative: Identifies ways to continually improve processes, policies and procedures. Takes responsibility for creating solutions by setting unparalleled professional standards with no tolerance for shortcuts.
- Innovation: Generates original and well-considered ideas and regularly experiments with alternatives to existing methodology, understanding the practical requirements needed to turn an innovation into a commercial success.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and a minimum of 10 years of firearms business experience. Master’s Degree in Engineering and/or Business is desirable.
Command of the French language is a decided advantage.
Posted March 31, 2020
The Browning Service and Distribution Center located in Arnold, Missouri, is searching for a full-time Journeyman Gunsmith to join our team and provide top-notch service to our customers.
We are looking for an experienced gunsmith to fill a full-time position with full benefits. Training support is also available as we are looking for someone who strives to continually improve themselves and seek new knowledge and skills. We value exemplary customer service skills above all else.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following.
- Install parts such as metallic, plastic, rubber, wood, optical sights, pistol grips, recoil pads.
- Fit and re-crown barrels.
- Test fire firearms for function and/or accuracy.
- Document shot pattern or group sizes.
- Blue metallic parts.
- Operate various machines to grind and polish metal parts.
- Operate power and hand tools to repair firearms.
- Provide support to QC, R&D, and management on technical issues.
- Properly utilize machines, tools and personal protective equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Attendance at a formal 1-2 year accredited in-house gunsmithing program, with proof of completion.
Applicants should be philosophically aligned with the brand, its products, markets and mission of Browning and its affiliate companies. Browning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Senior Administrative Assistant
Posted March 2, 2020
Browning located in scenic Mountain Green, Utah is searching for a Senior Administrative Assistant in the Sales & Marketing Division. Perform all administrative assistant duties for the Senior Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Firearms. Relay direct and detailed information on firearms and hunting products budgets along with sales results to appropriate personnel. Calculate, distribute and maintain budgets, sales commissions for sales reps and other company territories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform administrative assistant duties for the Senior Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Firearms.
- Formulate, calculate and update numerous reports to establish all territory goals and distribute reports and goals to corporate management, sales management, sales reps, inside sales, product personnel and accounting daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly.
- Verify accuracy and payment of commissions to the U.S. and Canada rep firms. Show net sales and commissions paid in guns, barrels, magazines and outdoor products. Responsible for calculation and payment of commissions to sales reps each year.
- Assist in handling concerns from reps, dealers, inside personnel, and warehouse and service facilities.
- Assist in planning meetings; arrange travel reservations and scheduling for Marketing Analyst.
- Maintain and update rep roster.
- Assist Marketing Analyst in researching dealer or rep feedback through the micrographics system.
- Some travel to support strategic event planning and logistics.
- Strict confidentiality is a must.
For Browning and our other Product Lines
Browning does not have employment opportunities for sales representative positions. Sales representatives are employed by independent sales companies throughout the United States with whom we have sales and marketing agreements.
Openings at the sales companies are extremely limited. If you have questions regarding their staffing needs, please contact the sales company directly. If you choose to submit a resume, please be aware that the sales companies have limited resources, and will only respond if there is an opening and your resume meets their qualifications.
The address and phone number information above is only updated periodically and is subject to changes at any time. In most cases, if the information above is not accurate, rep groups can be contacted by going directly to their websites using a Google search.