TRCP and Other Organizations Challenge Hunters and Anglers to Take the #ResponsibleRecreation Pledge.
A message from Whit Fosburgh, President and CEO, TRCP --
Whether participating in hunting, fishing, shooting sports or numerous other outdoor activities, the conservation community sees the #ResponsibleRecreation campaign as a safe and constructive way to encourage individuals and families to get outside and enjoy the outdoors as a means to cope with the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Getting outdoors is one of the best ways to practice social distancing, as long as it is done responsibly. I support efforts to get Americans outdoors during these difficult times, and pledge to be responsible as I enjoy the plentiful recreational opportunities this great nation has to offer.
Staying safe outdoors during the pandemic means:
- Plan ahead; purchase licenses and park passes online, if available.
- Recreate close to home
- Adhere to best practices for avoiding COVID-19
- Follow state and federal guidelines
- Pack out your trash as a courtesy to others and to avoid the appearance of overuse
- Share your adventures in a respectful way on social outlets